They Call Her 'Senator'

Labels:

Well, some do. Some are probably referring to her as "Her Highness, the Royal Stuck-Up Bitch" now.

Courtesy of Politico.com, complete with video and everything.

Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.) didn't like a Brigadier General calling her "ma'am" at an EPW hearing yesterday.

"Do me a favor," she said, "could say 'senator' instead of 'ma'am?' It's just a thing, I worked so hard to get that title, so I'd appreciate it, yes, thank you."






"I worked so hard to get that title"...no recognition of the fact that it's common military courtesy to use "sir" and "ma'am" in these sorts of situations, and no cognizance of the fact that using a title of office to address someone should be in deference and respect to the office and not the individual. Nah, just "I worked so hard to get that title." I'm sure you did, Barb...I'm sure you did.

Comments (0)